About Me....

Hello, my name is Marissa and I am from Theodore, Alabama. I attend the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama and my major is physical education. I want to be a P.E. Teacher because after deep soul searching to find a career that I would enjoy, teaching seemed to be the best fit for me. Having played sports through high school and at the collegiate level, I am use to sport activities.....plus its fun:) It has taught me how to be a leader, humble and use teamwork. These characteristics were taught to me by my coaches, who I thank for shaping me into who I am.

Why I Want To Be A Teacher

Becoming a teacher is a opportunity for me to motivate children to be the best they can. It is my way to give back what I have received in life to other children who may need the same attention I did. Being a teacher is an important responsibility that many women and men have accepted the challenge of. A goal of mind is to also step up to the call of teaching, to join a long list of other educators. Before I can be the best physical education teacher I can be, I must gain as much experience and knowledge as possible to insure that my students achieve success. Paying attention in my classes, asking my teachers for help, developing my personal learning network and finding a mentor are some ways I can assure that I complete my goals as a teacher. Also I would ask my mother and sister for advice since they are both teachers. They are two people that I look up to the most for guidance and advice.