About Me....

Hello, my name is Marissa and I am from Theodore, Alabama. I attend the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama and my major is physical education. I want to be a P.E. Teacher because after deep soul searching to find a career that I would enjoy, teaching seemed to be the best fit for me. Having played sports through high school and at the collegiate level, I am use to sport activities.....plus its fun:) It has taught me how to be a leader, humble and use teamwork. These characteristics were taught to me by my coaches, who I thank for shaping me into who I am.

Technology

Many teachers don't use technology in physical education but, finding a way to incorporate it in a P.E. class is challenging. When I become a teacher I would like to use some technology in my classes. A digital camcorder would be something I would like to use, so that I could let the students videotape take themselves. The students would be able to make a instructional movie where they explain how to do a certain exercise, or how to play a certain sport like basketball. This would then allow the students to post it on my class blog I will have or make a videocast. I would also like to use a gaming system like Nintendo Wii in my classes. This might not sound like the best plan but, if I teach at a school where there is no gym for the students to go to when it rains then it would work great. Most students already play with gaming systems at their own homes and if I already had the gaming console then the students could bring their own gaming sticks from home, since Wii is a wireless gaming system. Wii makes people get up an move in order to play games on it which I think is good, so that people stay active and they also have educational games for kids to play also.