About Me....

Hello, my name is Marissa and I am from Theodore, Alabama. I attend the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama and my major is physical education. I want to be a P.E. Teacher because after deep soul searching to find a career that I would enjoy, teaching seemed to be the best fit for me. Having played sports through high school and at the collegiate level, I am use to sport activities.....plus its fun:) It has taught me how to be a leader, humble and use teamwork. These characteristics were taught to me by my coaches, who I thank for shaping me into who I am.

Physical Fit Students

Up to one out of every five children in the U. S. is overweight or obese, and this number is continuing to grow (Source: WebMD). As a physical education teacher I want to keep my students active. The more children run, walk and play the better the chance of them not becoming over weight at a young age. Also, when children are stuck in a classroom all day a break is good for them to clear their heads and get some time to re energize. When I become a teacher my lesson plans will be full of activities for my students to do, so that they will get the most out of P.E. time.