About Me....

Hello, my name is Marissa and I am from Theodore, Alabama. I attend the University of South Alabama in Mobile, Alabama and my major is physical education. I want to be a P.E. Teacher because after deep soul searching to find a career that I would enjoy, teaching seemed to be the best fit for me. Having played sports through high school and at the collegiate level, I am use to sport activities.....plus its fun:) It has taught me how to be a leader, humble and use teamwork. These characteristics were taught to me by my coaches, who I thank for shaping me into who I am.

My Teaching Philosophy

When I become a teacher I want to provide my students with the tools to succeed and inspire them to perform at their best. This will take hard work on my part to achieve these goals but, if I strive to be the type of teacher who creates an atmosphere where students want to, and will shine, I will feel as if I have accomplished something. If I encourage them to spread their wings and explore different possibilities they will see that anything is possible. I also want them to know that I am available to talk too at any time. Letting them know that they have some one to discuss any issue or problem they may be going through will be a way for me to get to know them better.